- The 9th annual Polar Bear swim went without a hitch and boy was it fun. Thousands of people showed up and lots of money was raised for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Too bad I am more of a chicken than a polar bear. Visit the Long Beach Polar Bears for more info.
- Lido Blvd median should hopefully be done soon. I am tired of driving on uneven blacktop with rocks bouncing off my windshield from the car in front of me. What’s gonna go in the middle planters? Any guesses? Flowers? Shrubs? Trees?
- Speaking of medians, Surf City Pizza @ 300 Lido Blvd wants the median that blocks access to their street be removed. I can’t say I blame them. Poor planning if you ask me. Small businesses are the life blood of our barrier island and we shouldn’t do anything that discourages shoppers from shopping. Stop by to sign the petition and grab a slice while you’re at it.
- Corbin & Reynolds @ 20 W. Park Ave is closed. A sign on the window says something about a California style restaurant coming soon. Not sure what that means, but I’ll give it a try.
- Nothing new on with Superblock or Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP). I search every square inch of the internet for news on those two developments and I always come up empty. If anybody has any info on these topics, I would love to hear from you. I need to know when I can dock my boat at the long beach marina.
Well that’s it for now. Sorry for the lack of updates. I will update soon with some pictures of the Polar Bear Swim. If anybody would like to contribute, please email me (Anthony) using the contact link up top.