by Denise A. Wind, LCSW, HHC
Holistic Health Counselor
Each Month Different Restaurants and Eateries will be featured highlighting some healthy choices off their menu’s!!
- Any salad can be topped with one of their cold salads or any cooked fish. I would recommend staying away from the cold salads that may contain mayo and stick with the cooked fish as a topping.
- Salad Choices are: Garden Salad, Caesar Salad , Mesculin Salad, Spinach Salad.
- A salad is typically a good choice, but be aware that dressings and toppings like cheese and croutons can add fat and calories.
- Any entree can be grilled, baked, broiled or steamed served with 2 side dishes. You may want to ask for just a dash of Olive Oil in the prep. Add some extra squeezed lemon to make it juicier and more flavorful.
- Flounder, Sole, Tilapia, Halibut, Salmon, Tuna – Ahi, Sea Bass, Swordfish, Catfish,Scrod, Sea Scallop, Bay Scallop, Jumbo Shrimp, Catch of the Day.
Steamed Mixed Veggies
- Excellent Choices!!! Steamed Broccoli, Steamed Asparagus Steamed String Beans
- Try mustard on the baked potato instead of butter or sour cream. Its delish!!
- Baked Potato
- Steamed Corn on the Cob
On the 1/2 Shell
- Served with lemon and cocktail sauce
- Littleneck Clams
- Topneck Clams
- Cherry Stone Clams Oysters
If you choose bread or rice: Choose items made with whole grains. Examples include whole-wheat bread, tortillas and pasta, as well as dishes made with brown rice.
Look For Next Month’s Featured eatery!!!