This is according to the Internet Movie database (IMDB.com):
Titles with locations including
Long Beach, Long Island, New York, USA Here are the 10 matching titles:
- “Royal Pains” (2009) TV Series 8.1/10 (833 votes)
- Anatomy of a Fight (2003) 6.7/10 (32 votes)
- Beach Tennis USA: 2007 National Championship (2007) (TV)
- Explanation (1985)
- Face 2 Face (2005)
- Killing Time (1995/I)
- Me and the Moilsies (2001)
- Strange Things Happen at Sundown (2003) (V) 3.9/10 (179 votes)
- The Godfather (1972) 9.1/10 (356524 votes)…aka Mario Puzo’s The Godfather (1972) (USA: complete title)
- The Wheelchair (1977) 5.4/10 (5 votes)
City By The Sea (2002) , which takes place in Long Beach, wasn’t even filmed here. Good, because that movie stunk and it portrayed Long Beach as a crime-ridden disaster area.
So that’s it: ten movies that were filmed in Long Beach, but most likely not a complete list. The Godfather, which is considered to be one of the greatest movies of all time, definitely tilts the scale of quality up compared to the other films which range from mediocre to crap.
When people talk about The Godfather being filmed in Long Beach, it’s usually just about the wedding & the tollbooth scenes. Well, I recently watched the first two Godfather movies recently and it appears to me that more scenes were filmed here than what is documented.
There is a scene that was shot in front of a typical Long Beach house with street lined sycamore tress out front. Plus, there is a scene that was shot from an apartment where you can see the boardwalk and beach outside the window. I plan on doing some research to find out exactly where these scenes were shot. Not to mention, The Corleone family phone number was Longbeach-4-5620. So look for my complete Godfather / Long Beach guide in a later post. It might take me a while, so don’t hold your breath.