Denise A. Wind, LCSW, CHHC
Certified Holistic Health Coach
Gino’s Of Long Beach Pizzeria & Restaurant16 W Park Avenue
Long Beach, NY 11561
Well my friends, I have had a hard time giving up on summer but I must cave…
However, I will not retire my flip flops until December!!
The pick of the month for healthy eats is Gino’s. This place has so many healthy choices it was hard to narrow them down! The staff is also wonderful and FAST!!! Gino’s is a staple in Long Beach!
Appetizers to wet your palate!
- Mozzarella Fresca. Marinated flame roasted peppers, sliced tomatoes and homemade mozzarella, with a touch of virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Great starter dish!! I love that they use extra virgin olive oil in their preparation! Much better heart healthy choice!!
- Mussels Marinara or Fra Diavolo. fresh cultivated mussels, steamed and seasoned in our traditional garlic and herb plum tomato sauce. Mussels as an appetizer, despite their messy nature, are a delectable treat! Swimming in a flavorful sauce they can be a wonderful dish to “fill up” on so that you go light on the next course!
- Portobello Mushrooms. Grilled Portobello mushrooms served with assorted vegetables and a touch of balsamic vinegarette. Portobello mushrooms are rich in potassium, essential amino acids, and vitamin B. They are low in calories and fat-free, but a great source of protein, which makes them a great choice for people watching their cholesterol intake or their waistline. (wisegeek)
- Tossed House Salad. A great starter but watch the oils! Ask for dressing on the side and use sparingly or ask for oil and vinegar
- Special Salad. A tasty combination of artichoke, hearts, string beans, cucumbers, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, marinated peppers, tomatoes, olives, lettuce and mozzarella. This salad is one of my favorites! Just add EVOO and you have a myriad of flavors that satisfy the palate!
- Pasta Alla Nonna. Diced carrots, asparagus, roasted peppers and artichoke hearts in a white wine garlic plum tomato and basil sauce. Sweet peppers offer a big nutritional. They’re full of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, and potassium. Lovely dish, watch your portions though they are heaping here! Take 1/2 home!
- Pollo E Spinaci. Tender breasts of chicken and sautéed spinach in a fresh garlic and virgin olive oil brodino, with a touch of diced tomatoes. If you eat chicken I am a huge proponent of organic chicken . If that does NOT matter to you try this dish. It has been tried by many and had tender ratings.
- Ziti Con Broccoli. Fresh broccoli sautéed in a light garlic and virgin olive oil. Broccoli is an important cancer-fighting vegetable. Its impressive cancer-fighting power is due to two separate compounds, indole-3-carbinol (I3C) and sulforaphane. Both of these compounds get rid of cancer-causing substances. I3C works against hormone-induced cancers while sulforaphane boosts the production of cancer-blocking enzymes. (wisegeek) Eat your broccoli!
- Pasta Pollo. Sautéed chicken breast with fresh plum tomatoes and broccoli florets, over penne. If you eat chicken I am a huge proponent of organic chicken, If that does NOT matter to you this dish is flavorful and plentiful!
- Mama Theresa. 5 jumbo shrimp, marinated flame roasted peppers and asparagus in a light garlic and white wine sauce, with a touch of diced tomatoes, over linguini This is a wonderfully light dish with aromatic flavor! This dish is plentiful and you might even want to share a shrimp to cut back on your portions!
- Shrimp Marinara. Sautéed shrimps in a garlic plum tomato sauce or fra diavolo. This dish is yummy & healthy!
The prices in Gino’s are very reasonable and the portions are large!! Buon Appetito!!
If you want to lose weight, de-stress, eat healthier or rejuvenate, CALL ME!! Helping others to live amazing lives!!Health, Balance & Bliss,
Denise A. Wind, LCSW, CHHC