The City Council plans to meet this Tuesday, December 20th. Will some last minute efforts by the LB Coalition-majority take place before the new administration assumes control January 1st?
One notable item on the December 20th Agenda is the vote for the re-appointment of Rick Hoffman and Angelo LaMonte for another 3 year term on the Zoning Board of Appeals. Some of you might remember that Rick Hoffman, the WENCA president was very vocal against Council Member Michael Fagen during the November Good & Welfare meeting, or as one resident called it: The Theater of the Absurd. So expect Rick to be thanked by the LB Coalition for his efforts by getting the 3-2 majority vote needed.
The full list of agendas are as follows: (Source: December 20th City Council Agenda)
- Resolution Confirming the Appointment of Two Members to the Zoning Board of Appeals of the City of Long Beach.
- Resolution Confirming the Appointment of a New Member to the Civil Service Commission for the City of Long Beach.
- Resolution Authorizing Publication of a Notice of Public Hearing of an Application to Waive the Off-Street Parking Requirements for Premises: 232 West Park Avenue (street floor), Long Beach, New York. Re: Additional Gym Space for Treadmills
The meeting and vote will be held Tuesday, December 20th, 2011 at 7PM @ City Hall.
- Rant: Outbreak Long Beach (Election Fever in Full Swing)
- Long Beach Matters posts 11/1/2011 ‘Good and Welfare’ audio
- Opinion: Theater of the Absurd (A resident’s view of the 11/1/2011 City Council Meeting)
- Democratic Landslide (Long Beach Votes)