Here are the results of “Please no more nail salons or real estate offices!” Then what do we want?
I went through every comment (as of December 20th / 2pm) and broke them down into categories. Let me know if I am missing anything. Of course, you can keep commenting and I’ll update this list.
- Whole Foods
- General Market w/ local food (in conjunction with the Farmer’s Market)
- Seafood Market
- A good Steak House
- A good Seafood Restaurant
- Clam Bar (like bigelows, peters, point lookout)
- A good Deli (A German or Italian style Deli)
- Brunch/Cafe (Like Jo Jo Apples)
- Bar/lounge (less frat, more groovy)
- Indian Food
- Greek Food
- Panera Bread
- Waffle House
- Starbucks (in the West End instead of Dunkin’ Donuts)
- Apple Store
- Men’s Retail (Non-surf)
- Craft Store with seating
- EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports)
- REI (Recreational Equipment, Inc)
- Tackle/Bait Shop
- Quality Nail Salons
ARTS / ENTERTAINMENT:
- Cinema Arts Center
- Performing Arts Center (Music Venue)
- mini golf
- Indoor Sports Place (Rock Climbing, track, etc)
Most of us agree that the Waldbaums shopping center needs to be reconfigured. Ideas such as an Aquarium and Marina suggests bayside development. (oh, does it need to be developed).
- We need a better city planner (straight to the point)
- A Marina
- Large City Square in place of the Waldbaums center / Turn Waldbaums into a City Center
- Small Nature Park and dog run between Lafayette & Lauralton
- More Benches @ Kennedy Plaza
- Game Tables @ Kennedy Plaza
WHAT WE DON’T WANT:
- No more cell phone stores.
- No more franchises
- One person really doesn’t want a bait shop.