- I cannot believe people thought a giant 2420 foot tall wind turbine was coming to Lido Beach, NY- “One of the tallest man-made structures in the world, just 297 feet short of the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.”
- I cannot believe people thought Town of Hempstead Supervisor Kate Murray sang “The Wind Cries Murray” at the press conference.
- I cannot believe people thought the turbine will act like a giant propeller – essentially moving the barrier island away from the mainland – AKA Barrier Island Drift.
- I cannot believe people thought new bamboo bridge technology was going to be used to accommodate the island drift – AKA slow growing bridges.
- I cannot believe people think apes are going take over… ok, that I can believe in.
- I cannot believe I am writing this article.
Well, apparently some people thought it was real. A representative from the Town of Hempstead kindly asked that I remove the article because April Fool’s is over and “the article is now being taken seriously.”
Ok, so I’m not going to take it down. I worked waaaaay too hard writing it and I happen to know my rights with this stuff now (I learned a lot in the past few months.) What will I do then? Well, in good faith, I added a disclaimer to the top of the page. I get it. April Fool’s is over. Blah blah blah. More importantly, I don’t want town employee’s hours wasted taking phone calls telling people it’s a joke.
Look at the photo below. I mean, really people?