This Tuesday, June 5th marks the first City Council meeting of the month. The most important part of the Agenda, as far as I’m concerned, is the following:
WHEREAS, the City of Long Beach desires to have a fireworks display as part of the 4th of July celebration on Friday, July 13, 2012, for the pleasure and enjoyment of the residents and visitors to the City; and
That should dispel the rumors that this years fireworks were going to be cancelled. The full list of the agenda is listed below or view it online here: Agenda for June 5, 2012.
1. Resolution Granting Waiver of Off-Street Parking Requirements Re: Premises 151 East Park Avenue, (street floor), Long Beach, New York. Re: Wholesale/Retail Specialty Coffee Store and Café.
2. Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Enter into a Contract for Sludge Management Services for the City of Long Beach.
4. Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Enter into a Contract for a Fireworks Display to Celebrate the 4 th of July.
5. Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Pay Administrative Costs Under the Emergency Tenant Protection Act, Authorizing the Passing On of Administrative Costs to the Owners of the Buildings Included Under Such Act, and Directing the City Comptroller to Make Billing Therefore.
6. Resolution Authorizing Publication for Hearing of an Ordinance to Amend the Code of Ordinances of the City of Long Beach Re: City Bus Fares.
7. Resolution Authorizing Publication for Hearing of an Ordinance to Amend the Code of Ordinances of the City of Long Beach Re: Water and Sewers.
8. Resolution Authorizing Publication of a Notice of Public Hearing of an Application to Waive the Off-Street Parking Requirements for Premises: 248 West Park Avenue (street floor), Long Beach, New York. Re: Gift Shop