The design of our new boardwalk has been revealed. Check out the PDF posted on the official City of Long Beach website for all the info you need: LINK
- Wood decking for most of the boardwalk, mixed with concrete only in the center of town for events & festivals (National Blvd to Long Beach Road).
- The wood is sustainable tropical hardwood which has a 30-40 year lifespan, good for knees and bare feat.
- The concrete will be in the form of planks – 40 year lifespan.
- Wave-break wall (vinyl/fiberglass sheeting) to protect the boardwalk from future Sandy-like storms.
- The bike lane boards will go East-West instead of North-South.
- Aluminum pipe rails
- Lovely ornamental “Bishop’s crook” lamposts – a nod to the past.
- oh yeah, and screws!
Other things that will be discussed next:
- Comfort and wash stations
- Bump outs for seating and shade
- (ticket booths?)
Again, you can read all this here: LINK. Below are just a few screen shot images that capture what it looks like: