A proposed Liquid Natural Gas Plant off our coast. Hey, didn’t we sing this song already? How many times to we have to tell all these assholes involved that WE DO NOT WANT THIS? Heck, I’ve been blogging about it since 2009!!!! Oh, that reminds me:
ATTENTION ALL NEW YORK POLITICIANS, WE WILL VOTE YOU OUT OF OFFICE IF YOU LET THIS PLAN PASS.
For those looking for additional info on why this proposal is so bad, please head over to our friendly-neighbor blog Making My Point and read Liquid Natural Gas Port Off Pt Lookout!? Some of the highlights include:
- It will not lower prices it will increase them by opening up higher priced export markets-all the cheap markets are here in the USA
- It’s a huge disaster waiting to happen.
- There will be continuous spills etc. including millions and millions of gallons of water used and contaminated on purpose in the building that will just be released into the ocean -that’s just the way it’s done.
- There is no need for this project, and not here least of all. The ones in Boston sit almost idle because it is not needed.
- (read more @makingmypoint: Liquid Natural Gas Port Off Pt Lookout!?)
So what can we do about this? Go the The Allegria Hotel (80 West Broadway, Long Beach, NY) tonight for the ONLY PUBLIC HEARING.Allegria Hotel 80 West Broadway, Long Beach, NY 11561 Tuesday July 9th, 6 pm to 8 pm
I AM HOPING TO SEE THIS ON THE FRONT COVER OF NEWSDAY TOMORROW, SINCE IT EFFECTS ALL OF LONG ISLAND AND THE TRISTATE AREA.