Movies on the Beach schedule
(Subject to change. Please visit Long Beach Movie Nights for the most updated Info):
- Saturday, July 26, Virginia Beach, “Raiders of the Lost Ark” 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 9, Neptune Boulevard, “Surf’s Up“, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 16, TBD Beach, “Rocky Horror Picture Show,” 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 23, Lafayette Boulevard, “Casablanca” 7:15 p.m.
- Saturday, September 13, Neptune Boulevard, “Frozen“, 6:30 p.m.
Restaurant and food updates
- Muscle Maker Grill (18. E Park Avenue) is closed.
- Spiaggia Cucina Italiana (40 E. Park Avenue) is open. Has anybody been there? I haven’t yet, but I heard the food was really delicious. www.spiaggialb.com
- I’m still hearing Asian Fusion for former-Duke Falcon space. I haven’t passed by in a few days, so perhaps there is a sign up?
- Carvel is now open
- Salt Air Cafe in Point Lookout. Farm to Table! I love this place!
looks so much better without the front entrance canopy. Did you know this historic building has its own wiki page? wiki/Granada_Towers
Little Free Libraries on the Boardwalk
The Long Beach Public Library, in cooperation with the City of Long Beach which granted permission to use beach entrances, has installed four Little Free Libraries on the Boardwalk near the Franklin, Grand, Magnolia and Monroe Boulevard ticket booths. Suggested by Youth Services Librarian Tanya Suárez, Little Free Libraries, which look like birdhouses, are book exchanges with approximately 30 paperbacks each. [Long Beach Public Library]
Speed Cameras on Lido Blvd
I am reading that speed cameras are on Lido Blvd near Marvel and the firehouse. So make sure you drive 20 mph to avoid a ticket. Yes, SPEED cameras, not RED LIGHT cameras. Are they functioning now? Do they only function when school is open? I have no clue, but if any of you do, please share.
This post is me just catching up. What else is going on?