Nails, Tahoe, Boardwalk Phase II (updated)

I heard we are getting another nail salon in LB. I think we need more pizza and sports bars too (Long Beach really needs a vision).

I keep hearing about a really expensive ($36,369) 2015 Chevy Tahoe. Is that for everybody? I would love to rent it, cruise the beach, speed and zig zag around like those other city-owned vehicles that do it all the time (oh boy, do I have a ton of video of that topic).  TAHOE UPDATE: As a reader named Ed points out in the comments: 

Per the City Council agenda for last night this vehicle replaces a 2007 car that was lost in the storm. Also, 90% of cost being reimbursed by Feds, and LB is seeking the other 10% from State.

Long Beach Listens had a survey on Phase II of the boardwalk, but it has since been pulled. There were a few interesting tidbits on there, including how the new boardwalk wood cannot have painted lines. Also questions about retail on the boardwalk. No word on whether or not that survey will be back online.

There will be community meetings on all this. I actually cannot wait to hear about the progress with the pop-outs, Billy’s Way and all the other stuff.

Aug. 18th: LB Public Library  for Central City Residents
Aug. 20th: West End Rec Center for West End Residents
Aug. 21st: (To Be Determined) for East End Residents

(2015 Chevy Tahoe. Actual color may vary) chevrolet-tahoe-suburban-2015-p-6

 

Please read the terms of service before you comment.

comments

12 thoughts on “Nails, Tahoe, Boardwalk Phase II (updated)”

  1. Anthony, some clarification regarding the Tahoe. Per the City Council agenda for last night this vehicle replaces a 2007 car that was lost in the storm. Also, 90% of cost being reimbursed by Feds, and LB is seeking the other 10% from State.

    Before anyone castigated this purchase, it would be beneficial to know it’s expected use.

  2. The council also approved an agreement with Bethpage Federal Credit Union allowing them to put ATM’s in municipal buildings and on city owned property.

  3. And after we find out its’ expected use, we should try to determine what have they been using for this purpose for the past 21 months since it was lost in the storm.

  4. Thanks Ed. Being that I know you and completely trust your info, I will update the post accordingly. I usually listen to the Council meetings, but haven’t been able to this week, so I didn’t pick up on that.

    I get how our city needs to replace vehicles, but I was more concerned about the Tahoe being slightly excessive. Also the gas that thing will burn.

Comments are closed.