A Liberty Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) project off Long Beach is back on the table. I am sure I’ll post more of this in the future, but please understand that THIS PROJECT WILL NOT LOWER YOUR FREAKIN’ TAXES. LNG will ruin our ocean, kill fishing lanes, destroy whale migration routes, be a target for terrorism and who knows what other impact it will have.
I am not sure who wrote the following, but here is a list of things to consider:
- Paves the way for LNG exports, too
- Encourages fracking in this region
- Impact on environment in local fishing areas and wildlife migration routes
- Navigational hazard near entrance to NY harbor
- Damaging the chance for the wind farm being considered in that area of the Atlantic Ocean, 13 miles off Rockaway Peninsula (thought to help slow hurricane force winds and decrease storm surges) (NYC Offshore Wind Collaborative wind energy project)
- LNG ships & terminals pose potential terrorist targets (explosive potential)
- Spilled LNG evaporates and forms a vapor cloud that could ignite
Call Governor Cuomo (518) 474-8390 and tell him NO. Email Port Ambrose and give them the finger: (portambrose.com). We cannot sell our ocean to these big corporations. The truth is this: We all know what Long Beach was like after Hurricane Sandy. Do we really want a LNG station off our coast if we have another big one?