A little bit more on those HALB-property towers (530 W. Broadway). The developers are reaching out to the Civic Associations first. That’s why it was shown at last night’s Westholme Civic Association meeting. If you want to know more about this project, I suggest you find out from your civic if and when they get the same presentation.
- 166 units in total, mix of 1,2 and 3 bedrooms
- Condos for now. possibly open for rentals. ‘going to feel the market out.’
- SINCE these are condos, I believe that means no IDA.
- 2 towers, but the height appears to be changing. I heard 15 stories each with 2 levels of parking. But I also read it’s 15 stories of units, 2 stories of parking and 2 stories of penthouses (that equals 19! stories!!)
- adding to above, one resident tells me: “I heard it was two 13 story towers with 8 townhouse between them all over a 2 story parking structure. The sale price is dependent on the variance received. The larger the variance, the larger the sale price. $1,000 for square foot for an average of $1.4M per unit. 166 units in total, mix of 1,2 and 3 bedrooms.“
- The developer proposed a coffee shop , seating area and storage lockers as amenities for the city. (So does that mean we get free coffee?)
- Apparently residents there started laughing right when they were shown the rendering. I was also told how nobody asked who was going to built it (unions, etc.), as they are just so against it, they didn’t care to ask.