Long Beach News:
- Find out what South Nassau has in store with that FEMA money they basically they stole from Long Beach. LB HERALD: South Nassau files plans for FEMA projects
- More on that Long Beach Medical Arts Pavilion @ Newsday: South Nassau submits plans for South Shore medical facilities
- #yearofthegroins. Work is ahead of schedule. Let’s just hope it actually works when the next storm comes. LB HERALD: Army Corps work on jetties moving ahead of schedule
- Newsday: LI’s Sean Monaghan went from street brawler to unbeaten boxing contender
- City of Long Beach: Internet Exchange Meetup Site Established at LBPD Headquarters.This is actually a really good idea because selling or buying something from Craigslist is kinda scary.
- No Place Like Long Island: G. Love to play a bunch of Long Island gigs, talks about the Long Beach boardwalk, his first L.I. gig & more
- It’s 7-11. Get a free Slurpee at one of our local 7-Eleven’s. (11am to 7pm)
Long Beach Events:
Movies on the Beach (Subject to change)
- July 22nd: JAWS – Edwards Blvd, 8pm
- Aug 5th: SING – Riverside Blvd, 7:45pm
- Aug 19th: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW – Grand Blvd, 7:30pm
- Sept 2nd: MOANA – Edwards Blvd, 7:15pm
- Click here for the full schedule.
Nassau County Talk:
My feeling on this whole issue is the following: A technology incubator, which was suggested, is going to fail. Millennials do not want to work in a gated-corporate parks. Build a tech incubator off a growing downtown like Westbury, Farmingdale or Mineola.
The only logical development for Belmont would be a new arena for the New York Islanders. Traffic will not be an issue, considering the Islanders average around 13,000 a game, while Belmont Racetrack, particularly the stakes attract much more (120,139 in 2004 – LINK).
What to do with the current ‘lipstick on a pig’ Nassau Coliseum? I get it. Building a new area at Belmont would be in direct competition with that dump in Uniondale. Nassau should turn the coliseum into a convention center, build another hotel near by on that property and call it a day. Just my 2 cents. Nobody is excited about the Long Island Nets, so keeping it as an arena is a waste. Sorry, Ratner.
I’m trying something new here with this format. Let’s see if I stick with it. In the meantime, you can support the blog by buying stuff from my Amazon.com link. Am I a sellout? Absolutely! Don’t forget it’s Amazon Prime Day. “ALEXA, WHAT’S THE WEATHER TODAY IN LONG BEACH?”
- Amazon Echo Dot for $34.99 (regularly $49.99)
- Amazon Echo — $89.99 (50% off)
- $50 off Amazon Tap (regularly $129.99)
- Coleman DayTripper Beach Shade for $31.45 (43% off)