News: LB and the vicinity
- LB Herald: Residents: beach mats fall short. I cannot believe this is still an issue.
- LB Herald: I.P. to use former bank for new village headquarters. This is a great idea and what a generous donation! Can somebody please gift me a former Bank of America building?
- Kentucky Street won the EmPower Solar LB West End Energy Independence contest. The prize is $2000 towards a block party!
- This is neat: Newsday: 11 places on LI that you didn’t know were once golf courses. They mention the Lido Club with an awesome aerial photo.
Long Beach Events:
It’s Surf Week: For more information, visit: www.nysurfweek.com
Long Beach Waterfront Warriors event, including the 5K run and parade this Sunday, July 16th! Visit www.lbwaterfrontwarriors.org for more information.
Movies on the Beach (Subject to change):
- July 22nd: JAWS – Edwards Blvd, 8pm
- Aug 5th: SING – Riverside Blvd, 7:45pm
- Aug 19th: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW – Grand Blvd, 7:30pm
- Sept 2nd: MOANA – Edwards Blvd, 7:15pm
Music on the Beach – free concert series:
- Click here for the full schedule.
City of Long Beach Summer Blood Drive (July 26th):
Check this out:
If you haven’t read it yet, check out this book by members of our Long Beach Historical Society: Long Beach (Images of America Series). The book contains many great historical photos and the history of our City by the Sea!
My name is Anthony and I really like chocolate. Hey, you can support the blog by using my Amazon link. It doesn’t cost you a penny more!
Don’t forget to follow seabythecity on the following social media sites!