Long Beach News:
- City of Long Beach / Haberman Appeal update [link]. We lost. I think.
A quote from a member of the LB D.O.M.S. regarding the fundraiser (posted below) for Councilwoman Chumi Diamond, who is running in the upcoming City Council Election.
“Pay to play in Long Beach is getting pricier.”
– Richard Boodman
Check this out:
The New York Beach Club (1751 Ocean Blvd. Atlantic Beach) has a restaurant that’s right on the beach and open to the public on Wednesday nights through Sunday after 6pm. Live music, great food and drinks!
For more information, visit: facebook.com/NewYorkBeachClub/
Long Beach Events:
Weekly and throughout the summer:
- Kennedy Plaza Farmers Market (Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9am-2pm at Kennedy Plaza. Click here for more info.)
- Arts in the Plaza (Saturdays, 10am to 4pm at Kennedy Plaza. Click here for more info.)
- Music on the Beach – free concert series. Click here for the full schedule.
- Movies on the Beach (current schedule):
Aug 5th: SING – Riverside Blvd, 7:45pm.
Aug 19th: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW – Grand Blvd, 7:30pm.
Sept 2nd: MOANA – Edwards Blvd, 7:15pm
The Beach-to-Bay team will present a fact-filled presentation showing why a Long Beach Community Hospital in needed instead of the proposed “Art Pavilion”. Hear how a Long Beach hospital will be profitable and create LB jobs more than South Nassau’s proposal. Come ask questions about why we need a hospital and why the proposed “pavilion” isn’t the best solution for Long Beach. (Monday July 24 at 7:30pm in the Long Beach Library)
- City of Long Beach Summer Blood Drive (July 26th, 2pm – 8pm):
- 6th Annual Long Beach International Film Festival (August 1st – 4th) [www.longbeachfilm.com]
- Full Moon Healing (August 7th, 7pm. Click here for more Info)
- 14th Annual C.U.R.B. bike ride (August 12th) [Click here for more information and registration]
- Bayfront Celebration (August 19th, 4pm – 10pm) [stay tuned for more information]
The Lemonade Pedal: Bike-Ped Fair & Tour de Lemonade Stand (August 25th, 10am – 1pm) [link]
- Zumba Fundraiser (August 26th, 4pm at the Long Beach VFW)