Long Beach News:
- I cleaned up the Long Beach City Council Tournament Bracket.
- Yes, the democratic primary has been cancelled.
- I posted this article the other day regarding the lawsuit, but if you missed it: [NEWSDAY]
- Long Beach Herald gotcha covered on this as well [LB HERALD]
- and here is a letter from Darlene Tangney, the President of Independent Democratic Club of Long Beach [SEABYTHECITY]
Non-political news, rumors, opinions:
- I am hearing John Henry’s American Pub is now closed. They were there for 16 years. Really sad to see this place go.
- CBS news is now talking about the speeding on Lido Blvd. Some notable quotes: “It’s scary when you’re standing out here [Marvel Icecream] with young children and cars are just racing,” said Liz Murdy of the Lido Beach Civic Association.” “Very dangerous area for pedestrians and kids on their bicycles,” said Lido Beach parent Maureen Graham.” I just can’t get over how our elected leaders failed when it came to redoing this street. Everything is always on the mindset of the drivers, not paying any attention at to the schools, houses, businesses and beachgoers in that area. [CBS NEWS]
- Don’t forget to pick up a copy of Scoundrels by the Sea! New copies are in print [AMAZON]
The Mysterious and Tragic Death of Starr Faithfull: This is from Doug Sheer: “Here is an Interesting story about a young lady who was found on the beach in Long Beach.” [The Line Up]
Long Beach Events:
(there are way too many things going on to Long Beach, so sorry if I am missing something when it comes to events. If you have one you’d like added, please contact me.)
—Weekly and throughout the summer—
- Kennedy Plaza Farmers Market (Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9am-2pm at Kennedy Plaza. Click here for more info.)
- Arts in the Plaza (Saturdays, 10am to 4pm at Kennedy Plaza. Click here for more info.)
- Music on the Beach – free concert series. Click here for the full schedule.
- Movies on the Beach (current schedule):
Aug 19th: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW – Grand Blvd, 7:30pm
Sept 2nd: MOANA – Edwards Blvd, 7:15pm
- Bayfront Celebration (August 19th, 4pm – 10pm) [LINK]
The Lemonade Pedal: Bike-Ped Fair & Tour de Lemonade Stand (August 25th, 10am – 1pm) [link]
- Zumba Fundraiser (August 26th, 4pm at the Long Beach VFW)
- NY Fit Fest (September 17th) [link]