Long Beach & Vicinity News/Rumors/Opinions:
- Donations for Harvey relief: SEE HERE
- So today I met with Leah Rosensweig-Tozer, who is running for City Council this upcoming election. I will do a separate ‘Meet The Candidate’ post on all that in a day or two, but what I did learn was the following:
- A FREAKIN’ SELF-STORAGE FACILITY is apparently coming to Long Beach behinds McDonalds. WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF SPACE. Leah and I both agreed it’s ridiculous. How many jobs will this facility create? Not man, I’m sure. I will post more about this in my Meet The Candidate post for Leah Rosensweig-Tozer.
- A new restaurant: Lost at Sea (888 Beech Street, LBNY), from the folks of Lost&Found. You know it’s going to have amazing food, yet impossible to get in. I am so happy to see more foodie places opening in Long Beach. I cannot wait to try it! [FACEBOOK]
- More on Lost at Sea @ [NEWSDAY]
- What else?
Long Beach Events:
(I know I’m missing a lot. Please contact me)
—Weekly and throughout the summer—
- Kennedy Plaza Farmers Market (Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9am-2pm at Kennedy Plaza. Click here for more info.)
- Arts in the Plaza (Saturdays, 10am to 4pm at Kennedy Plaza. Click here for more info.)
- Music on the Beach – free concert series. Click here for the full schedule.
- August is almost over
- Movies on the Beach: Sept 2nd: MOANA – Edwards Blvd, 7:15pm
- 15th annual Long Beach Jazz Festival, Sept 14-17, at the Library and other venues. More info at longbeachjazzfest.com
- NY Fit Fest (September 17th) [link]
- Long Beach Oyster & Music Fest (Saturday, September 23rd at Long Beach Catholic Regional School. [info]