“Long Beach City Council candidate Runnie Myles filed a civil rights lawsuit against Nassau Democratic Party Chairman Jay Jacobs and the Nassau County Board of Elections, claiming discrimination.
Myles claims Jacobs unilaterally rescinded Myles’ nomination in violation of New York election law. The lawsuit also alleges that Board of Elections employees, under the direction of Jacobs, were sent to intimidate and harass elderly and African-American voters who signed Myles’ designating petition.
“There is no party boss, there is no political leader who can tell me or my constituency what we can and cannot do in our own city,” says Myles. [NEWS12]
There was a press conference yesterday in Mineola regarding this. Read more over at NEWS12: Long Beach candidate files suit against Dem chairman, Board of Elections
Drivers, check your windshield fluid, make sure your windows and mirrors are clean– if that is all it takes to increase your ability to see someone, then its worth the 5 minutes. You know driving around neighborhoods before dinner there’s always tweens on bikes and skateboards – remember they are there, even if you don’t see them. They’re like ninja’s, popping out at the last minute. Be ready.
(Allison Blanche is running for City Council under the Green Party.)
Long Beach News, Not News & Opinions:
- I’m allowed to blog during work hours because I am self-employed [SEABYTHECITY]
- There was an accident on Lido this morning [LB PATCH]
- A garden apartment at 421-433 East Broadway sold. Do I smell redevelopment? [NEWSDAY]
- Speaking of gardens, Great Neck Plaza in Great Neck (obviously) is building a rest stop for butterflies. I would looooove something like this in Long Beach [NEWSDAY] (Candidate Joey Naham can make this happen. Just sayin…..)
- Will our LIRR Station get Airplay/Google Pay support in 2020? [ENGADGET]
- The Martin Luther King Center is now solar powered. That’s awesome! [NEWSDAY]
- Hurricane Sandy, five years on (Hi, Liz!) [LB HERALD]
- This waste water plan is interesting [LB PATCH]
- Meet Leah Rosensweig-Tozer, Republican Candidate for City Council [LINK]
- Meet Joseph Naham, Green Party Candidate for City Council [LINK]
- Meet John Bendo, Democratic Candidate for City Council [LINK]
- Meet Christopher Jones, Republican Candidate for City Council [LINK]
- Meet William Haas, Republican Candidate for City Council [LINK]
- Meet Runnie Myles, Write-In Candidate for City Council [LINK]
- Meet Scott Mandel, Democratic Candidate for City Council [LINK]
- Meet Allison Blanchette, Green Party Candidate for City Council [LINK]
- Chumi Diamond (I tried to reach out. If anybody can for me, It would me much appreciated)
LONG BEACH EVENTS:
- LB Arts Council Stand Up Comedy Night!
- Rooftop party at the Allegria this Friday
- Psychic reading at the Long Beach Hotel this Sunday.
- Election day [November 7th]. Buy popcorn.
- Turkey Trot [November 19th] LINK
- West End Electric Light Parade [December 9th] LINK
A big thank you to those who are using my Amazon.com referral. Click my Amazon Link the next time you plan on buying something from amazon.com. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, I just make a small affiliate fee which helps pay for blog expense. Thinking of going solar with EmPower Solar in Island Park? Please use my referral link. Thank you!! www.empower-solar.com/sea-by-the-city
[This is sort of a repost of my last post]
[Allegedly] a second City Employee [allegedly] was running an Anti-Candidate facebook page [allegedly]. The fake facebook group was called Long Beach Against Trump Republicans, but it also attacked Democratic candidate John Bendo by lying about his voting history.
As mentioned by John Bendo in his statement earlier [see the last post], the City Employee has been caught with compelling evidence. I have seen the screen shots. It is very compelling.
Candidate John Bendo made a statement, asking for this person to take the page down or their name will be revealed. The page was down shortly after.
This is Russian Fake News at it’s finest. Developing…
BLOG NEWS: I hope you are all enjoying the Election 2017 content I’ve been providing. Now is a good time to pick up your copy of Scoundrels by the Sea: The Sullied Past of Long Beach Politicians, Swindlers, Bootleggers — and Worse and support the blog by clicking that link!
The League of Women Voters just posted a video of the Long Beach Candidate Forum- Long Beach City Council Race. This is a short video of just the introductions. I’m hoping all of it will eventually be posted since I was unable to attend the forum last Monday.