- $44.2 Million (second lowest bid).
- It goes to Grace Industries, a Plainview firm (keeping it on the Island).
- Work could start next week, but it’s mostly gathering materials and preliminary stuff.
- Contract says they have 210 days to finish. I think that’s next October/November, but I can’t do complicated calendar math.
- Sections will open as they are completed.
- FEMA needs to pay for this, badly. PLEASE FEMA!
- Please don’t compare the price to what’s going on in New Jersey ,where they are reusing a lot of stuff. Apples and Oranges.
the unofficial blog of long beach, ny