Long Beach News & Other Junk:
- Keep your eyes on Jose [NOAA.GOV]
- I’m more worried about the bay than the beach, so this bulkhead business is a YIKES! [LB HERALD]
- More on bulkheads at [NEWSDAY]
- Travel & Leisure talks about The Best Beaches Near New York City. As usual, Long Beach is included. [Travel&Leisure]
- Today is September 18th, which means it’s National Hug A Blogger Day. Be sure to be kind and hug your local blogger!
A lot of residents have no clue about the candidates, so I’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback on these MEET THE CANDIDATE blog posts. I am hoping to have more posted soon!
(I will post these in the order I get them)
- Meet Leah Rosensweig-Tozer, Republican Candidate for City Council [SEABYTHECITY]
- Meet Joseph Naham, Green Party Candidate for City Council [SEABYTHECITY]
Long Beach Events:
(I know I’m missing a lot. Please contact me)
—Weekly and throughout the summer—
- Kennedy Plaza Farmers Market (Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9am-2pm at Kennedy Plaza. Click here for more info.)
- Arts in the Plaza (Saturdays, 10am to 4pm at Kennedy Plaza. Click here for more info.)
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) New York District, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC), and Nassau County invite the public to a series of public meetings about the Nassau County Back Bays, NY Coastal Storm Risk Management Feasibility Study. September 18th at Long Beach City Hall [info]
- International Car Free Day – Long Beach + Island Park. Hosted by EmPower Solar & SoBi Long Beach. September 22nd. [info]
- Long Beach Oyster & Music Fest (Saturday, September 23rd at Long Beach Catholic Regional School. [info]
- Hurricane Relief Concert. September 24th at National Blvd Beach.
- Ocean Frontiers 3 -Long Beach Screening, hosted by All Our Energy. October 19th, 6:30pm at the Long Beach Library [INFO]
- Irish Day Parade. It starts at Washington Boulevard and West Beech Street at 11am, Saturday, October 7th.
- Fall Festival. October 14th and 15th. Kennedy Plaza.