Long Beach News:
- Last night was the South Nassau Communities Hospital Public Information Session, which included the Medical Arts Pavilion at Long Beach. Allison Blanchette, who is running for city council under the Green Party was in attendance and got the following information: “The LB Medical Arts Pavilion is a proposed 2-story structure that will be home to a free-standing Emergency Department that will include primary medicine, behavioral health, radiology, space for women and children services and medical subspecialties. It will have a floating dock and helicopter pad.” Thanks, Allison. She also took these photos. (Click on images for a larger view)
- The D.O.M.S are tearing up the Bocce league with a 5-0 record. Now all the pressure is on them to keep it up. Check out the Bocce league at barefootbocce.com.
Long Beach Events:
- Movies on the Beach (current schedule):
July 22nd: JAWS – Edwards Blvd, 8pm.
Aug 5th: SING – Riverside Blvd, 7:45pm.
Aug 19th: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW – Grand Blvd, 7:30pm.
Sept 2nd: MOANA – Edwards Blvd, 7:15pm
- Music on the Beach – free concert series. Click here for the full schedule.
The Beach-to-Bay team will present a fact-filled presentation showing why a Long Beach Community Hospital in needed instead of the proposed “Art Pavilion”. Hear how a Long Beach hospital will be profitable and create LB jobs more than South Nassau’s proposal. Come ask questions about why we need a hospital and why the proposed “pavilion” isn’t the best solution for Long Beach. (Monday July 24 at 7:30pm in the Long Beach Library)
- City of Long Beach Summer Blood Drive (July 26th, 2pm – 8pm):
- 6th Annual Long Beach International Film Festival (August 1st – 4th) [www.longbeachfilm.com]
- 14th Annual C.U.R.B. bike ride (August 12th) [Click here for more information and registration]
- Bayfront Celebration (August 19th, 4pm – 10pm) [stay tuned for more information]
The Lemonade Pedal: Bike-Ped Fair & Tour de Lemonade Stand (August 25th, 10am – 1pm) [link]