John Bendo, the new president of the West End Neighbors Civic Association (WENCA) just asked me to post the following WENCA meeting info:
The West End Neighbors Civic Association, in cooperation with the Long Beach Surfer’s Association and the Walks Association, is holding a community information meeting to address important topics residents are dealing with right now. Speakers will address dealing with insurance companies and on the tax implications of losses we have suffered from Superstorm Sandy. The information you get at this meeting can impact your bottom line.
The speakers are:
- Jonathan Wilkofsky – Executive Director of the New York Public Adjusters Association. He will discuss dealing with insurance companies on Sandy claims.
- Vincent O’Brien – President of Vincent J. O’Brien, CPA, P.C. Vincent is a Certified Public Accountant and tax expert. He will discuss the tax implications of losses from Superstorm Sandy.
The meeting will take place on Tuesday, January 29th at 7 PM in the auditorium at City Hall (6th floor). The meeting is open to all.
Please join us for this valuable informational meeting.
The City Council plans to meet this Tuesday, December 20th. Will some last minute efforts by the LB Coalition-majority take place before the new administration assumes control January 1st?
One notable item on the December 20th Agenda is the vote for the re-appointment of Rick Hoffman and Angelo LaMonte for another 3 year term on the Zoning Board of Appeals. Some of you might remember that Rick Hoffman, the WENCA president was very vocal against Council Member Michael Fagen during the November Good & Welfare meeting, or as one resident called it: The Theater of the Absurd. So expect Rick to be thanked by the LB Coalition for his efforts by getting the 3-2 majority vote needed.
The full list of agendas are as follows: (Source: December 20th City Council Agenda)
- Resolution Confirming the Appointment of Two Members to the Zoning Board of Appeals of the City of Long Beach.
- Resolution Confirming the Appointment of a New Member to the Civil Service Commission for the City of Long Beach.
- Resolution Authorizing Publication of a Notice of Public Hearing of an Application to Waive the Off-Street Parking Requirements for Premises: 232 West Park Avenue (street floor), Long Beach, New York. Re: Additional Gym Space for Treadmills
The meeting and vote will be held Tuesday, December 20th, 2011 at 7PM @ City Hall.
Karen McInnis, Vice President of WENCA:
It’s official and unanimous. The following neighbors were elected/re-elected for the next term:
- President—Rick Hoffman
- Vice President—Karen McInnis
- Treasurer—Damian Walsh
- Secretary—Maria Fitzgerald
Thanks are due to the Nominating Committee consisting of members John Bendo, John Garbarino, Gemma Tansey and Nick Ventre, dues-paying WENCA neighbors who voted, and to these four volunteer leaders who are continuing their commitment to volunteer service for a better West End.