- That new healthy California-style restaurant Monterey opened last Friday. I went there last night. Look for my review later in the day at LBfoodie.com
- Parking Study Public meeting this June. This meeting will focus on the commercial district. See the full public notice below if you don’t feel like downloading the PDF off the official Long Beach site which can be found here.
- An Austin Blvd traffic study might eventually bring Island Park those same horrible medians that Lido Beach’s now has. Read why those Lido Blvd medians horrible.
- The Kennedy Plaza Farmers Market kicks off its second week today between 11am to 7pm. Stop by for some cheese, bread, fruit & veggies.
- The bayside development is being held up by the economy. I’m guessing you can say the same about the Superblock.
- This summer we will see two new things on or near the beach: Pedi-Cabs & Umbrella/Chair Rentals (cha-ching $$$$$). Oh wait, I mean three new things; more tourists.
The City of Long Beach will be holding two public meetings to discuss:
Long Beach Parking Solutions
Over the past several months, the City has been working with Level G Associates, a nationally recognized parking consulting firm, to explore solutions for Long Beach’s chronic parking problems, including parking meters. Level G’s most recent studies have focused on the central business district along Park Avenue — between Long Beach Road and Magnolia Boulevard. As part of the study process, we are inviting local citizens and business owners to share their concerns about parking in this area of Long Beach.
The meetings are open to the public and will be held in City Hall, 6th Floor on:
Tuesday, June 16th from 10AM to 12 noon
Tuesday, June 23rd from 7 PM to 9 PM
The two meetings will be identical in format but are being held at separate times of the day as a convenience to our residents and business owners. Meetings will commence with a brief presentation outlining the study results and will be followed by questions, answers, and public comment.