With all the hub-bub surrounding the Quiksilver Pro, people would think that is all that’s going on here in September. But Long Beach (and the surrounding area) prides itself on its events – one of the few areas of agreements in yesterdays awesome discussion – and September is packed.
- The 5-Mile McAvoy Run – Labor Day, September 5th
- The 9th Annual Long Beach Library Jazz Festival will take place from September 15th–18th
- Freedom Flight 911, a kite exhibition honoring the fallen of 9/11/01 will take place at Riverside Boulevard beach on Saturday, September 10th
- The Spirit Regatta will take place off National Boulevard beach on September 10th
- Michelle O’Neill Volleyball will take place on Saturday, September 10th at Grand Boulevard beach
- The Long Beach Fire Department will hold a September 11th Memorial at Lafayette Boulevard and West Park
- Surfer’s Way, teaching children with autism to surf, takes place Sunday, September 11th at Riverside Boulevard beach
- San Gennaro Feast in Island Park (September 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th)
- The Town of Hempstead Triathlon in Pt. Lookout (September 10th).